I know I’m not the only one who loses their shit when we find a $1 pattern sale. So, here are the patterns I picked up!
During our afternoon out and about last week, my friend Allie and I made a quick trip to Schuler’s Books. Continue reading “Schuler’s and a Bit of Nostalgia”
I used to think that affirmations were a bunch of hooey. Something that weird hippies did to make themselves feel better and to “manifest” some mysterious good ju-ju in ether.
After a funky year full of stress, depression, and overall bad ju-ju, I’m willing to take what I can get 🙂
Here in Michigan, we’ve been saved from the Bomb Cyclone that the East Coast has received, but that hasn’t meant we’ve been spared from the grips of winter. It has been bitterly cold, barely making it in to the teens for the past three weeks. This has meant that I haven’t gone outside much save for moving in and out of my car to work or home.
Thankfully though, my friend Allie and I decided to get together and brave the cold weather to stop in to one of our favorite Grand Rapids grocer – Horrocks Market!
Confession: I’m a recovering shopaholic. I have gone nuts (and racked up quite a bit of debt) going shopping in the past and I loved going on Black Friday with my friend.
This year however, my relationship to shopping and to my burden of debt has changed. Rather than buy things simply because of a good deal or I wanted it, I’ve chosen to be more strategic in my Black Friday deal shopping.
- i am way messier than i thought. when you’re one person and you still feel like you’re constantly picking up after a mess you made, i think it puts your disorganized self on full display.
- i value cleanliness more than i show. i feel energized by tidyness, and always feel drained when coming home to my hot mess of a bedroom. it gives me the push i need to tidy up.
- i don’t like pooping in foreign toilets. i just can’t go in new spaces. i can’t!
- i like being by myself. i’ve been really burned out lately and have needed a lot of personal space to recharge. housesitting is a great environment to do that.
- a silent space revives me. coming from a family of five kids, there is always noise in the house. if kids aren’t arguing, tvs and stereos are on. housesitting gives me the space to sit in peace and quiet.
- as much as i like pets, i don’t think i could have more than one. i have been petsitting since college, and the more pets there are, the more stressful it is. i also care very deeply about the wellbeing and safety of the pets in my care, and can get anxious about keeping tabs on all the pets running around and what they’re up to when i’m at work. as a petowner, i think i’ll be best suited for a single pet home.
“you’re so busy!” “you’re always on the go.” “you do so many things.”
can quickly turn into..
“we were going to invite you, but we knew you were busy.”
“i never see you any more.”
“it’s been months since we talked.”