I used to think that affirmations were a bunch of hooey. Something that weird hippies did to make themselves feel better and to “manifest” some mysterious good ju-ju in ether.
After a funky year full of stress, depression, and overall bad ju-ju, I’m willing to take what I can get 🙂
In the following statements, I am hoping to address some things that have bugged me about the past few years, and things I wish to improve.
- I am intelligent and share my knowledge with others.
- My opinions are important and my voice matters.
- I am successful and am capable of anything I take on.
- I pursue my passions and incorporate them in my life.
- I accept my shortcomings/failures and learn from them.
- I reject fear and worry, and embrace change.
- I embrace challenges and celebrate growth.
- I hold myself to high standards and conduct myself with honesty and integrity.
- I control my emotions, they do not control me.
- I build community and value it over the competition.
- I am a good friend and build relationships with those around me.
- I choose to be happy instead of being right.
- I recognize my needs and allow myself to say yes to them and communicate them to others.
- I am kind, compassionate, and personable, I make people feel good when I’m around them.
- I am intentional about my choices and invest time in things that matter to me.
- I am allowed to say no and not now.
- I seek out adventure and new opportunities.
That’s it for now. I’m sure I’ll revisit this list in the coming months and add/subtract things as needed.
Do you have any affirmations that you are working on?